We currently have the following roles available
POST TITLE: HOUSING BASED SUPPORT WORKER (MALTON BASED PROJECT)
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
Reports to: Housing based Support Manager / Care, Quality and Service Manager
Main Relationships: Assisting, supporting and working with a client group who have multiple needs; ranging from simple housing related tasks to complex mental health needs. Also, the current staff team, including: fellow support workers, Housing Based Support Manager, Care, Quality and Service Manager, the maintenance team and Managers, Apprentices and volunteers plus working relationships with the council of the day, local authorities, NHS and relevant agencies is also important. This may also include housing organisations, general public/ local community, parents and families of clients.
Full Driving Licence Preferred
Working hours: Support Workers may be required to work Saturdays and Sundays with days off given through the working week.
PRIME OBJECTIVES OF THE POST
- To assist all departments in the day-to-day running and implementation of Impact Living’s support delivery services and continued client satisfaction.
- To assist the Housing Based Support Manager to implement and regularly review each client’s support program/plan.
- To work with the client to help them achieve all of their support objectives and enjoy a better quality of life by:
- Developing and sustaining a positive and empowering working relationship with each client allocated to you by the Management Team.
- Working with your allocated clients for the duration of their support program/plan while residing with Impact Living.
- Providing support and advice on housing, income, paying bills and budgeting, training, employment, health, mental health, daily tasks and social activities.
- Your role will be to provide housing-based support and guidance while taking part in the following activities with your allocated clients.
- Deliver at least a 1-hour housing-based support visit to each of your allocated clients on a weekly basis, recording all information online and filing in the chosen system of the day
- Record all face to face contact outside of a scheduled support visit with your clients ensuring a delivery sheet is signed and filed accordingly.
- Ensure the Impact Tenant Tracking system is used correctly recording and uploading documents on a daily basis. Personal and medical information should be updated as required and phone contact recorded in the notes section.
- All documentation should be handed to the Housing Based Support Manager on a daily/weekly basis for inspection and sign off. Information should not remain unfiled for longer than 6 working days.
- Collection of service charges should be a priority week by week. Budgets should be monitored and measures put in place to ensure each client’s finances are in order. Unpaid service charges should be raised with the housing/finance manager immediately and an agreement put in place.
- Allocated Support Assistants are to be instructed and managed by Support Workers with the assistance of the management team. Support Assistants should ensure that each client’s health and wellbeing is a priority assisting clients with, GP appointments, diet, shopping and social interaction.
- On call rotas may be put in place for extended support hours. You will be expected to comply with these rotas claiming overtime back in Lou or via payments in wages. Please be aware that overtime may take 8 weeks to be processed.
- Impact respects and promotes a healthy working relationship with external agencies. Based on this we encourage support teams to have a multi-agency approach by identifying support needs which may be better sign posted to other agencies e.g. drug rehabilitation referrals to specialist agencies.
- To work and deliver a service which is sensitive to the different needs of all clients from all backgrounds and cultures, which does not discriminate on grounds of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, creed, colour, race, age, class, ethnic origin, religion, HIV status and/or offending background.
- To work within the guidelines, policies, procedures and statutory requirements of Impact Living.
Please contact us for a full job description using the form below.